Part-time/full-time or contracted Case Manager position
The Foundation’s goal is break the chain of poverty and homelessness through education by motivating homeless or poverty-stricken adults to pursue college education for degrees, certificates, and vocational skills which are the essential tools to lead them to gainful employment and permanent housing.
BA or MA degree or license in social work or psychology with mental health clinical experience and/or /substance use treatment, and street case management experience. Compassionate and committed to carry out the goal of our mission. Must have good interpersonal skills and able to deal with difficult people.
Who do we serve? Current and potential college students who are healthy and bright but, some are physically and/or emotionally, mentally, and legally challenged as well, who also struggle with rental, housing, economic and employment barriers; live in poverty and/or homelessness. Despite these obstacles, they hold God-given potentials and possibilities and are highly motivated to pursue college education to end their poverty/ homelessness by gaining self-sufficient life.
Around 30 students currently enrolled in 2-4 year-colleges and 10 -20 potential future students.
- Active outreach to the streets/community in the morning or during the day or evenings to reach out to current or potential college students with energy, love and compassion. Meet them anywhere in the community including free community dinner sites, coffee shops, libraries, parks, college campuses or at their home base.
- Assessment and treatment plan: Case manager must be able to assess mental status, substance-use, criminal history, rental/employment barrier etc., and be able to design treatment, academic and career plan utilizing existing community resources. This includes supervising students currently reside at our 5 tents (later in 6 tiny houses).
- Case management: Must be able to offer case management service by seeking out talents and possibilities in the current and potential students, guide and empower them through supportive case management service which includes active outreach, crisis prevention and intervention for personal or academic or any type of life troubles by engaging with various community programs and services. Disburse as needed the tangible material aids. The whole purpose is to guide and empower them to academic as well as career success. Act proactively to avoid many recurring crises. The case manager must be computer literate.
- Community relations/partnership building: Our mission is being carried out partnering with citizens, colleges, local community groups, faith communities, churches and government entities. Maintain established relationships and constantly seeking new relationship on our student’s behalf to offer them ever better services to bring them to academic success and enhance their overall life.
- Supervise, teach and monitor student interns and volunteers, and support tutors/mentors as well.
- Referral Service: Since we are not treatment agency per se we refer them out for treatment such as mental health treatment, counseling services, local clinics, substance treatment facilities, and employment services.
- Accountable to the Board of Directors, attend quarterly board meetings with progress reports.
If you are interested in applying, please send your resume and cover letter to: JK Foundation – Case Manager position