Thank you for seeing what you can do to support our mission! We have many ways that you can get involved.

FUNDS for Tiny Houses

Homelessness is the worst barrier that causes students’ drop out of colleges and every aspect of life.
Tiny house is highly doable and cost-effective project.

  1. We need a lot to park 6, 8×8 tiny houses for homeless students who are attending Edmonds Community Colleges or other colleges.
  2. We need funds to order 6 tiny houses. Cost will be $5,000-$8,000 each. Therefore, we need to raise at least $40,000.
  3. If any community organization build tiny houses/low income housing, we would like to rent some and manage them.

Hire a Full Time Case Manager

We need someone who has social work and/or mental health credentials and equivalent experience to be able to work with our homeless student’s population who struggle with multiple obstacles – financial, physical, emotional, mental, legal, housing and substance barriers. We can also hire someone on a contract basis. We need to raise $50,000.

Job Opportunity: Case Manager position

Funds needed to provide tangible aids to our Homeless Students:

Amount: $20,000 per year.

  • Food voucher or for non-perishable food items.
  • McDonald tickets/restaurant hot meal vouchers.
  • because food stamps, not enough and only allow to buy cold food.
  • Car repair/ tabs/ insurance for those who live in cars.
  • Bicycles and repair cost.
  • Cell Phones, capable of internet, texting, e-mails: $40.00/Mo.
  • Phone bills – average $40.00/mo.
  • Gas vouchers – average $30.00.
  • Laundry vouchers – $10.00 one load including drying.
  • Orca cards – average $30.00/mo.
  • Shower Vouchers – $5.00 each.
  • Motel vouchers – average $60.00 per night for sick students.
  • Rental Assistance for students who live in subsidized low-income housing or college dorms.
  • PUD bills.
  • Awards for students who successfully complete each quarter despite the above dozen barriers.
  • Computer/printer expenses for tent residents.
  • Special clothes/uniforms/shoes/tools, and permits for training.
  • Fees for college placement test.
  • Students supplies and stationary.
  • Text books and portion of tuition that are not covered by Federal or local financial assistance.
  • Expense for the Shepherd’s Village (current 5 tent-residency for students).

Other Needs

  • Someone or faith community can adopt a student for emotional mentoring and/or with some tangible aids.
  • Invite some lonely students with no families.
  • around special occasions such as Christmas, Thanksgiving and their birthdays.
  • Volunteer grant writer.
  • Volunteer English and Math tutors.
  • Volunteer office worker.
  • Offer students work – yard work, cleaning homes, yards, roof, gutters, debris, washing windows or any.
  • Offer them apartment to rent/share a room.

Where to send contributions?

We are a federally recognized 501(c) (3) non-profit organization –  EIN # 47-4595766.

Tax deductible contribution payable to Jean Kim Foundation.  And mail it to:
PO Box 1835,
Lynnwood, WA 98046

Contact: Rev. Jean Kim. (425) 563-3006, or if you rather have us contact you please complete the following form: